Tuesday, July 19, 2016

2016 pre-Haunt Season Begins... sort of

SOooo many ideas... so many plans.... too many props,

yet I still want more.



The haunt season is starting to warm up, and the outside temperature is trying to kill us.  I am seeing prop-builds on FB pages that are making me both envious and aware that I need to get off of my ass and start building.  However, most of those haunt friends and fans don't live in the desert with 103f afternoons and very few clouds in the sky.  The mornings are possible for a few hours, but employment and walking the four-legged kids usually gets in the way.


The Plan So Far:

Warning:  The plan may change based on the wild ideas that seem to pop in my head as to how I should do the display... usually when I am travelling to work and am half asleep.  Nothing is certain.


NO GARAGE WALKTHROUGH AGAIN THIS YEAR
The wife has asked nicely, so the haunt will be a front yard display with me occasionally donning a mask and creeping out TOT guests.  Hopefully I can win this negotiation next year.

NO HALLOWEEN AFTERPARTY
I am happily married, but regretfully chose Halloween as my wedding night; meaning an anniversary dinner out is in order.  Again... Hopefully I can win this negotiation next year.

YES, THE GLOVES ARE OFF AGAIN
Since I don't get my garage haunt, I do get to put my more scary and nasty things on display in the front for all to see.


I HAVE LEARNED THAT ZOMBIES AREN'T SCARY
It turns out that too many people watch The Walking Dead and are desensitized to zombie props.  They apparently let their 6yr old children watch the show too. 
So going forward...
THEY AREN'T ZOMBIES, THEY AREN'T THE INFECTED...  THEY ARE CORPSES
nasty corpses that will litter my cars

THE CEMETERY WILL BE SMALLER AND RELOCATED
Out October winds play havoc with the foam headstones.  Every year is a battle.  I have decided that their prime location in the wide center island will be given up to a better and less windsail-like display, and instead go in a corner area (previously not used) where electrical outlets are plenty and animated props will be safer from growing legs or getting damaged... I think.

EVERYONE LOVES / HATES EVIL CLOWNS
The cholo clowns getting ready for a drive-by in the Buick was a HUUUUuuuge success last year.  This has earned them a bigger stage, being the wide center island.  The will leave the car and become groundbreakers amongst the lawn and rose bushes.  Lighting will be run to them and hopefully a few lesser animated props will be able to be set up as to be effective while also set where they can be monitored easily.  Many new faces have joined the family for this year.

THE BUICK IS AN EXCELLENT STAGE
The Buick will have its riders again for all to take pictures with.  Lighting is still a challenge... as I am unsure what colors or style to go with.  A Jeep Wrangler will join in to act with the Buick as bookend of sorts to the front of the new cemetery scene.  They will be filled with corpses that for now are dead-dead.  I may decide that they are demon-possessed undead corpses at most

LA LLORONA WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE
I promised her a cool tomb with fancy effects last year, and then procrastinated most of the time away.  It will get completed this year and should get a lot of attention in the new cemetery.

PENNY, MEET MIRANDA
Do you like creepy-ass dead children?  Miranda will also be in this reduced cemetery with fog and projections and things popping up and maybe a few more fun things if I think of any.

BUT WAIT.... THERE'S MORE!!!
I will post more later.  Hopefully soon.  Maybe today.  Trust me.  It isn't like this is the first time I have posted since last December.


No comments:

Post a Comment